|Population at 01/01/2018||8.931 mln.|
|Inflation within 2017||6.7%|
|CPI within 2017||106.7%|
|GDP within 2017||61,1 bln. somoni|
|1 US Dollar||.|
|10 Russian roubles||Array|
In the Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan on August 18, 2016 within the framework of the Implementation of the National Strategy for Development of Statistics Project, Grant ? TF017852, the Contract on the Twining Partnership was signed between the Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan and Joint Venture «DevStat-Servicios de Consultoria Estadistica S.Lis» (Spain), UDA Consulting (Turkey), Open Data Watching (USA), High School of Economics of Moscow (Russia), CaiCo Consulting (Tajikistan) and Statistics Lithuania (Lithuania) which won the first place in the evaluation selection.
This Contract was signed by the Director of the Agency on Statistics, Ms. Gulnora Hasanzoda and representative of the DevStat, Ms. Margarita Rohr in the presence of the representative of the CaiCo Consulting, Mr. Sulton Imomov and the Project Implementation Team headed by the Project Coordinator, Mr. Rustam Ziyaev.
The Contract will last until June 2018.
The expected results of work within the twining partnership mechanisms are as follow:
• Improving the legal and institutional framework which will stimulate the development of the statistical system;
• Strengthening human resources through the organization of trainings in the field of statistics;
• Improvement of the statistical base/infrastructure through the application of the methodology and data quality standards accepted at the international level;
• Improving the statistics production system which will be constantly adapted in accordance with changing needs of the society and the economy by providing a dialogue between the data producers users;
• Institutionalization of the main activities in the field of statistics, including the monitoring of poverty;
• Increasing the reliable statistics by consolidating and improving of the existing surveys and administrative sources used, as well as through the planning and implementation of new measures aimed at data collection.
The “Implementation of the National Strategy for Development of Statistics” Project is funded by the ECASTAT Trust Fund. ECASTAT is a programmatic regional trust fund established for assisting countries to improve their statistical systems. The objective of the Program is to further improve the capacity building of the statistical system of Tajikistan for preparation and dissemination of relevant, reliable and timely statistical data which will comply with international standards and will meet the needs of users.