|Population at 01/01/2018||8.931 mln.|
|Inflation within 2017||6.7%|
|CPI within 2017||106.7%|
|GDP within 2017||61,1 bln. somoni|
|1 US Dollar||.|
|10 Russian roubles||Array|
On July 28, 2016 the Agency on the Statistics held the press conference with representatives of mass media in the national press center on the results of the first half of 2016.
The press conference was attended by representatives of newspapers, magazines, television and radio, including: NIAT "Khovar", the newspapers: "Chumhuriyat", "Sadoi Mardum", "Ozodagon", "Chavononi Tojikiston", "Charkhi Gardun", "Pa?mi Dushanbe", "Asia - Plus", TV : "Safina", "Jahonnamo", " Tojikiston " Tojikiston ", "Peace" and radio: " Tojikiston ", "Khovar", "Ozodi", "Sadoi Dushanbe", "Sadoi Khuroson" and representatives of the Strategic Center under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan.
Prior to the press conference the journalists were provided with press releases on the socio-economic situation of the Republic of Tajikistan and the report on the activities of the state statistical offices of the Republic of Tajikistan for the first half of 2016.
Ms. Hasanzoda Gulnora, the Director of the Agency on the Statistics opened the press conference and presented the results of the activities of the statistical offices for the first half of 2016.
In general, the journalists were interested in the following topics:
- The number of school-age children who do not attend school;
- The number of illiterate people in the country;
- The number of migrants of the republic for the first half of the current year;
- The name of the products that will be included in the consumer basket;
- Incomes of the population;
- Births, deaths, marriages and divorces;
- Gross domestic product and inflation;
- Production, import and export of goods;
- Relevant statistical data with information from other ministries and departments;
- Violation of the order in providing of the state statistical reports and measures taken with regard to such cases;
- Methods in statistical reports on population coverage living in remote areas;
- Number of employees;
- The number of private entrepreneurs who ceased their activities in the first half of 2016;
- Indicators of traditions and rituals;
-Preparatory work for the next census.
The media representatives were satisfied with the answers to their questions.
Conduction of such events with the participation of representatives of the media and users of statistical data will improve the transparency and quality of work in the preparation of statistical data.