|Population at 01/01/2018||8.931 mln.|
|Inflation within 2017||6.7%|
|CPI within 2017||106.7%|
|GDP within 2017||61,1 bln. somoni|
|1 US Dollar||.|
|10 Russian roubles||Array|
The meeting was organized by the CIS Statistical Committee together with the Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan with the support of the World Bank.
The meeting was attended by the representatives of the national statistical services of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine and the CIS Statistical Committee, the Executive Committee of the CIS, the Eurasian Economic Commission and the UN FAO.
The meeting was chaired by Mr. V.L Sokolin, Chairman of the CIS Statistical Committee.
Meeting sessions were headed by the following persons:
Ms. G.K Hasanzoda, Director of the Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan;
Mr. S.L Mnatsakanyan, President of the National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia;
Ms. L. Spoiala, Director General of the National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova;
Mr. K.E Laikam, Deputy Head of the Federal State Statistics Service (Rosstat).
The representative of the UN FAO presented the report at the meeting entitled “Implementation of the Global Strategy at the Global Level and in the Regions of the World”.
CIS Statistics Committee presented reports: “The implementation of the Global Strategy on Improvement of Agricultural and Rural Statistics” in the CIS region”, “Development of methodology of agricultural and rural statistics in the framework of the" Global Strategy on Improvement of Agricultural and Rural Statistics” in the CIS region”, “The methodology and information support for cross-country data exchange of Agricultural and Rural Statistics”, “Assessment of agricultural and rural statistics in the CIS”, “Issues of development methodologies for food balance sheets”.
Representatives of the national statistical services presented the reports characterizing the main problems and prospects of development of agricultural and rural statistics in the CIS countries. The following reports were presented:
• “The Census of Agriculture - 2015 in the Republic of Azerbaijan”;
• “The current state of agricultural statistics in the Republic of Belarus”;
• “Agricultural statistics in Kazakhstan”;
• “Statues of agricultural and rural statistics of the Kyrgyz Republic”;
• “Status and ways of improving the agricultural statistics in the Republic of Moldova”;
• “Main methodological provisions of agricultural statistics in the Russian Federation”;
• “Improvement of Agricultural Statistics in the Republic of Tajikistan”;
• Areas of improving statistical surveys in the field of agriculture taking into account the indicators recommended by the “Global Strategy on Improvement of Agricultural and Rural Statistics” in the Republic of Uzbekistan”
• “Reforming of agricultural statistics in Ukraine: results and prospects”.
The debates were held on all reports presented during the meeting according to results of which the participants of the meeting made decisions on the further development of work on the Project.